Wednesday 1 January 2014

Happy New Year

We have had a lovely, family oriented holiday season. Christmas Day was unbelievably stress free - Will, son #2, asked to be left alone in the kitchen. A couple of hours later a full and very delicious meal appeared! Ma, all 3 sons and one girlfriend were there and it was BRILLIANT! On the 28th, we were joined by Grandson, sister, BIL and 3 nephews - quite the houseful. Will again obliged, with hot Nigerian stew, fried plantain and rice. He is a keeper, that one!

Now it's back to just the 2 of us. Clearing and sorting was done yesterday so today could be as relaxed as possible. 

For my present, my lovely sister ('Boo' from 'PigglesBoo') got me these:



They are lovely and will be added to my growing collection of craft related books:


As we were getting the room set up for Christmas, I moved my tray of buttons and odds and ends from on the dining table, to by the books. This has resulted in World's Clumsiest Cat not knocking everything flying on a regular basis. Why has it taken me so long to work out this very simple solution?


I felt like Santa's helper, working until the 11th hour and 59th minute, finishing Ma's blanket ( which I did not even have time to 
photograph), hat and wristies for Boo and grandson's cowboy:




The cowboy was from a Jean Greenhowe pattern and was beautifully written. The amount of work involved, though, was tremendous.

Talking of knitting (just for a change!) I have been playing around AGAIN with patterns for my rabbits. I have now decided on a very different look for them. The head is a direct rendition of a Fluff and Fuzz bear head. The ears are my own. The body, legs and arms are an exact copy of a TwinsKnit pattern. The clothes are my own design:










Because of her Peter Rabbit button, I have called her Beatrix. She has a sister who is completed except for her skirt. Here she is, sitting in a bowl that a Boo brought back from Morocco for me:


As she will be finished today, I thought Felicity (happiness) would be a good name. Both these rabbits will be for sale in SimplyBearsCraft on Etsy.

I plan for 2014 to be filled with family, love and laughter. As from midnight, I was officially unemployed. I am choosing to see this as an opportunity to branch out in different directions, to be creative, and to be very thankful for the chance to follow my dreams. May 2014 bring you what you desire.



















2 comments:

  1. Very cute bunny! It just reminded me that I failed to put a tail on the White Rabbit plushie I just sent to a friend in Germany. Ooops! I'm so glad you had a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cowboy looks terrific!, Jean Greenhowe's patterns are great but like you say are a tremendous amount of work to assemble all the different pieces AND get them to look like the picture!! Think he will be greatly treasured!! Your bunnies are going from strength to strength and looking gorgeous - love the tail it made me laugh!! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations in the future...

    ReplyDelete