Wednesday 26 March 2014

A new doll is born

Finally, finally, my second doll is finished. I seemed to be going great guns and then everything ground to a halt. There was a series of things we had to get done, which left me unable to doll make. However, she is now finished and on sale at my Etsy shop.

I went through loads of different clothes choices before I was satisfied with her look. I will show you some of the extra clothing I now have, just waiting for dolls to inhabit them!

So here is Pip:







And here are some of the spare outfits I have made:


Mary Jane shoes, boots and knickers



                                      Alpaca and silk featherweight shawls


2 headscarves and a pixie hat


                        Little pinafore smocks


All being well, I shall sew a doll tomorrow. Now it's time to watch The Great British Sewing Bee from last night, hoping that Lynda does well!

4 comments:

  1. Pip is lovely and her outfit is very trendy!! I can see you are having great fun :-) someone once commented that making dolls is like having a bowl of salted peanuts in front of you - you can't stop at just one.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Mother was crocheting with some fluffy stuff today, and I told her about how you made her hair. She was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a gift you have - you are truly talented. April is my favourite, she's beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete