Sunday 23 March 2014

Breaking a few eggs...

We have been in the flat for 13 months, most of which have seen me pretty ill. Fin has been working full time, doing one Open University course right after another, and having some fairly serious caring for me going on.

We both felt a shift last week. Maybe it's the thought of Spring, but we decided we need a change. So we are in Operation Overhaul. We love this flat but it doesn't look loved.

Anyhoo. It means transferring things from one area to another so that each room seems chaotic. We have brought into the sitting room a chest of drawers, a small desk and a stacker unit. Out have gone chairs. What remains now just needs to be sorted. This is my favourite, favourite bit which I shall get stuck into whilst Fin is at school tomorrow.

So we have broken a few eggs and hopefully the omelette will be made tomorrow.
















3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you feel well enough for this job - better times on the way! I am also sooo impressed with April, she is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, spring is in the air, and I've caught myself whistling -- badly, I get these weird harmonics since I lost a tooth, and I wasn't good before that, but still...

    By the way, I LOVE the colours in that afghan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all looks so bright and colourful - you will feel great when it's all done - and, yes, I know it's a pain getting there!!!!

    ReplyDelete