Monday 17 March 2014

Ta dah! April is here in March


So, to be a little bit precious, creating is an evolutionary process. However, if human evolution slowed to my pace, we'd still be swimming around waiting to crawl onto land. I would like to say it's because I am new to doll making. I would like to say it's because I am working Mindfully. But in truth, it's because I obsess and obsess and will probably always work at this speed.

Any hoo. April is finally here, in March! She has turned out beautifully, IMHO, and I am reet proud of her.



So, stuck to the original version, changing only the shoes, the knickers, the smock, the shirt, the hair ribbons and the shawl. See...very little revision going on.



I found the authentic beeswax colouring, on line, and gave her a little colour to her cheeks and on the top of her nose. I also found 
this organza dragonfly ribbon which matched her smock perfectly.






 The headscarf stayed because I love the silkiness of the alpaca wool, and it picks up the turquoise in her skirt.


 The shawl is in alpaca silk and weighs virtually nothing. It is soft and stretchy.


Did not like the previous green knickers and shoes, so a quick change to white pants and pink boots.

                                     


The lacy woollen top just sort of emerged as I was watching a Criminal Detection programme on TV (something wrong about that, when making a Waldorf doll)


The smock is fastened with a PigglesBoo button, and the top with a wooden button.




                 Hooray! One doll finished to my satisfaction.



Now to do all the Facebook, Ravelry, Pinterest and Etsy stuff and also see about setting up a Flickr account. 

2 comments:

  1. Love her, such a great little character you have created, Well done!! and I know you can't stop at just one - looking forward to the rest of the family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is extraordinary! I especially love her dimpled knees.

    ReplyDelete