Friday 7 March 2014

A picture paints a thousand words...

I have spent the last couple of weeks immersed in projects. This has involved a lot of frustration product development, buying new goodies stocking up on essential, non frivolous items, plus a fair degree of letting the house go so it's a complete tip life affirming creativity.

I surfaced last night and looked around. Holy Moley. Not good. So this morning I have been sorting out. I shall let the pictures do the talking.

Aargh...






Aaah.... Much better





Sewing loveliness including 3 handwoven Fairtrade fabrics from an Indian co-operative.





My Fairtrade African bag filled with Waldorf fabric and completed items...




Supplies for doll bodies plus tutorials...


My Cath Kidston  cheap knock off tribute bag holding my definitive red handbag and fabric bin with works in progress...





Fin's World Book Day costume with felt hat, knitted cobweb on 
Sweater and cloak made as an academic gown with a cape and stand
up collar...






Bag of crochet firmly zipped up because of 
Synesthesia ...



Paperwork for the weekend...


                                                                       April













And relax with tea and Marmite toast...




3 comments:

  1. April is beautiful and her clothes are very creative, you should be rightly proud of yourself :-) Fin's costume is great - my kids used to have book week at school with a costume parade which generally consisted of a casual throw away remark like "I need a book week costume for tomorrow morning" just as they were going to bed....... did yours do that too ??? Looks as though you craft the same way I do - we create a big mess no, we have all our tools and materials at hand -because we are so focussed on what we are doing, then it's the cathartic clean up when the project is completed in preparation for the next project - makes perfect sense to me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a tidy craft area - I'm hoping to get my own space soon when we build an extra bedroom for my son. I dressed up as Darrell Rivers from Malory Towers for World Book Day, i was surprised how many of the students knew the book.

    ReplyDelete